We are a friendly club, and we coach and organise hockey for children of all abilities from Reception year at school through to 18 (and beyond).
BBHC are ClubsFirst accredited by England Hockey, which means the quality of our coaching, development and safety is recognised and guided by the official sports body for hockey in England. (more information about our club’s policies on equality, ethics and safety is further down this page)
Hockey Training & Games for Youngsters
Coaching is held on Sunday mornings on the astro-turf pitches at Erith School from September to the end of March. There are also matches and tournaments played throughout the season. Weekly winter training for 2014/15 begins on Sunday 7th September with Club Day. Some dates for your diaries:
- Sunday 7th September: Club Day at Erith School.
- 10:30am to 11am: Colts registration. Kit available to try on.
- 11am to 12:30pm: Colts hockey. Parents welcome to join in.
- 12:30pm to 3pm: BBQ, bouncy castle, and adult hockey (Parents welcome to join in).
- Sunday 14th September to Sunday 30th November 2014 – 10:30am to 12pm at Erith School.
- Sunday 4th January 2015 to Sunday 29th March 2015- 10:30am to 12pm at Erith School.
If you would like to give hockey a go, or enjoyed hockey at school and want to join in: COME AND PLAY!
Contact Andrei, Youth Development Officer with any questions.
Pictures of the final day of the season (2013/14)
More pictures of BBHC’s junior hockey here:
JDC & Schools Coaching
BBHC’s coaches all complete their Level 1 Hockey Coaching certificate as a minimum and are CRB checked (now called Disclosure & Barring Service) to help safeguard the children and ensure a good standard of hockey coaching.
Together with Burnt Ash Hockey Club and with the help of Bexley Council, we manage the North West Kent Junior Development Centre (JDC). This is a district squad and is the first step to playing hockey at county level (and ultimately for England). We also help organise and support primary and secondary school hockey festivals in and around Bexley, and supply experienced coaches for curricular and after-school activities.
Children should wear a tracksuit or shorts/tops suitable for playing sport, and trainers (not studded boots because we train on an astro-turf pitch). They need shin-pads (we have a few available to borrow) and we recommend a gum-shield. We have a supply of hockey sticks of course.
Don’t forget a drink too!
Training Times / Locations
Every Sunday morning at Erith School’s astros from 10:30 to 12:00, weekly in the winter, and monthly in the summer. The Winter 2014/15 dates are:
- Sunday 14th September to Sunday 30th November 2014.
- Sunday 4th January 2015 to Sunday 29th March 2015.
In order to provide a safe and well-structured environment to run our hockey club, we at BBHC recognise that codes of conduct and other such policies and guidelines need to be in place. In this way, all members and non-members have a transparent view of the basic principles of the club. Below are links to draft documents which we support:
- BBHC’s code of conduct for officials
- BBHC’s code of conduct for parents
- BBHC’s equity policy
- BBHC’s guidelines for dealing with an incident/accident
- BBHC’s junior club rules
- BBHC’s incident/accident report form
Find the Colts/Juniors Registration Form here (we usually have copies of these forms that can be filled in on the day too)